24 November 2010

Happy Day Before Thanksgiving Everyone!

Things I am Thankful for:

My freshly broken dishwasher, because it reminds me that a dishwasher is a marvelous luxury and that many people don't even have dishes.

My ear infection, because it reminds me how blessed I am to have health insurance.

Painting and sanding furniture in near freezing weather, because it reminds me that I am blessed to have a healthy capable body.

Having near freezing weather, because it reminds me of how truly mild the climate here is and how blessed we usually are.

Not having a working heater, because it reminds me of those that are truly cold.

Both of our DVD players not working, because it connects in new, non-comatose ways.

As I am typing this. I realize how truly overloaded we are with worldly possessions. It is time to separate the wants from the needs and to care for those who have unfulfilled needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment