29 July 2011

Migration

Long ago in a land far, far away, a Brilliant Homemaker Extrordinaire (aka Jennifer Douglas) turned me on to a fabulous DIY baby mobile. 

For years it sat in the back of my mind.

A month or two ago I discovered it hiding back there and dusted it off. 

It became a project that has spanned the countryside. 

As we live in the land of golden coasts, most of our dear loved family and friends are not within reaching distance. I always imagined passing my children from my hands to theirs but alas, it will not be a regular experience. 

So with the help of this mobile, a project was created that would bring the representation of each extension of family to our son. 

Here is the inspiration. 



Our project: which will hopefully be completed in the coming months will include a bird made from each aunt, grandmother, and great grandmother to create a wonderful flock of eclectic birds from all the corners of the US. 

Here are the first few that have arrived. Coming all the way from Ohio and Michigan. 


 Here is our U.P. bird from Aunt Lynda
 All the way from Isabelle Avenue, Cincinnati... a little friend sent by Aunt Suzanne
 And another sent from the land of Cincy by Aunt Patti
 And a little representative from Aunt Nancy in Columbus, Ohio
 I can see it coming together already. I love the variety and can't wait to see how this will turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment