17 October 2010

Doughnuts, Doughnuts, Doughnuts

I have become slightly obsessed with cooking and baking. I think I need to blame it on movies like Food, Inc and Supersize Me. I feel this incredible need to find a better way to have the delicious foods that are usually available in the instant gratification production/delivery to customer way that has been developed by pursuing the American Dream. Well whether that is it or not. I have been trying to find the recipe for the ultimate sliceable, sandwhichable, toast-able, delicious bread.

Anyway, in my obsession, I felt the need to concur the doughnut.








Pretty as they were I was not impressed by my results. The recipe that I followed sounded better and the doughnuts in the pictures looked even more delicious. hmmm. I f anyone has a full proof recipe send it my way. I would like to try again. The doughnut may have won this battle. But I will prevail.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dominic,

    As Bekah tries to conquer the doughnut beware of eating all the mistakes.

    Rachel once made cinnamon rolls 4 times in one week because the first 3 times didn't work out. I ate ALL of the first 3 batches (mostly without her knowing) and consumed a couple of the ones that finally pleased her.

    Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, as I also was stuck eating them. I am sending Rach the most perfect recipe for Cinnamon Rolls I have ever encountered. She may like it even more than I do because the icing includes coffee. Seriously delicious!

    ReplyDelete