18 October 2010

AFI Top 100 Movie Challenge


A while ago one of my best friends and I decided to watch AFIs top 100 Movies.

I don't think we got any farther than Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Cane, and maybe a handful of others. For years I have tried to resurrect the challenge but when faced with "Shane" or another rerun of "you've Got Mail" well I haven't been very strong.


So I have begun again, this time armed with Netflix and some spare time. I have watched a few, namely "Tootsie" and "One Flew.." With the first I was rather disappointed, maybe it was revolutionary in it's time but I feel it lacked any climactic ending. But with the second my faith was renewed in AFI. I will press on. If you have't watched it yet, I highly recommend. Not to mention Danny DeVito was unrecognizable which is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment