23 October 2010

Movie Review: King Corn

As I have stated already. I love Netflix. I was resistant at first. I loved the experience of walking into blockbuster and browsing through the selection. Old and new. I feel that carries the same nostalgia for me as other older folks that talk about the nickel candy shops.

But Netflix has presented a whole new world to me. A world full of documentaries that I never would have thought I would watch. But Netflix instant play brings the world to my fingertips. I can try anything for a few minutes before commiting.

With that in mind, I gave King Corn a chance and I think you should too.

It is a witty documentary about two guys in my generation searching for what really is done with the gigantic corn crop that America produces.


It all begins with a analysis of their hair, revealing that they are made of a huge percentage of corn product. I like this movie because they don't bash anyone, as some documentaries can be quick to do. They are kind to all the people they meet and don't appear to really side with anyone on the matters. But they do present the facts and decide what is best to be done for themselves and I loved it.

They are funny, direct, and these use the Fisher Price Little People farmyard for demonstrations.



If you have Netflix, or even if you don't give this one a chance. My local library carries it, and if you still have an actual video store in your area, they probably will too.

Well even if you don't check their website, kingcorn.net

No comments:

Post a Comment