28 October 2010

Seriously Perfect Oatmeal Cookies with Surprise Ingredient

When I found this recipe I was skeptical, honestly I am not sure why I even gave it a chance. But when I took the first bite, I knew that I was changed. Forever. These babies have a thin crispy exterior with a moist, soft, thick interior. Perfect combo of salty and sweet.

These are going to be in the permanent collection.

And what is the secret you ask? Bacon. Yes you heard me bacon. So wierd, but oh so good. If you try it you won't regret it. And if you don't believe me, ask Stacey about Bacon Chocolate bars.

So fry up a few pieces of bacon

Save 1/2 CP of your bacon drippings and take the plunge

You will need:

3/4 CP Sugar
3/4 CP Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 CP Bacon Drippings
1/3 CP Oil
2 CP Oats
2 TSP Cinnamon
1 TSP Salt
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 1/2 CP Flour
2 Pieces of Bacon, fried and chopped finely
1 1/2 CP Chocolate Chips

In a large mixing bowl add your sugars..


and the oil, eggs, and bacon drippings.


Mix it up.


Add oats.


flour and cinnamon.



Baking Soda.


Salt.


And mix the whole mess together, into the yummy cookie base to come...


Next add in your chocolate chips. I say be liberal. I just pour a bunch on (and I wish I had done more, but do it to your taste)




Then chop up your bacon, I wish I had chopped more finely so it would have been more subtly incorporated, but do whatever sparks your fancy (is that even the right way to say that?)


Throw it on top and mix it up.


And roll it into balls, whatever size you want. The smaller the crispier, the bigger the softer.



Pop them in for 12 minutes.



Now taste and see...don't forget a glass of milk!

3 comments:

  1. In Georgia we say..."Whatever tickles your fancy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's the chance of you sending some of those my way so I can try em out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. But I need your address again because we got the picture DVD back again. Text or facebook it to me!

    ReplyDelete