27 September 2011

Nursery Update

Last glimpse you had of our nursery was this....from our weekly belly series six weeks ago. 
 We had our bassinet ( my dad refinished it, it has been in our family since my Great Grandmother. A prized possession in my life)
Some birds were in from the mobile (over on the window sill), our glider slipcover was half done, and I was still trying to figure out what to do with the wonderful chevron fabric. 
I was thinking about a navy wall, which would probably be amazing, but also really dark in our usually too dark place. So I have since abandoned the idea. 

Well, the fabric turned into bulletin boards... they still have some tweeking ahead of them I think. 

and the Bird Mobile is FINISHED!
(more on that topic)

Here are some cuddly stuffed animals from Auntie Rachelle (looks like her dog Daisy), the O'Donnell Family, and Dominic gave me one as a first baby gift. 

Ok this swing was a long time coming.
 I really really don't like typical baby colored stuff. You know the kind with obnoxious colors and freaky looking animals. If you love the abundance of colors, great! Babies probably love it too! But it drives me crazy to look at in such a small apartment. And I worried about baby colors taking over our lives. 

When searching for a swing I wanted a small version, for our mini place, that could both swing and vibrate. There are few options. Ok, there is only 1 and it comes in the before mentioned crazy animals with primary colors. I was just going to give in and buy it and attempt to make a new cover, or force myself to buy a cute one that was just swing or just vibrate. Until I discovered the swing that changed my life forever. 
(que angels singing)
It works with almost any infant car seat (Graco is the only recommended brand by the manufacturer, but our Baby Trend...as pictured... fits perfectly). It is just a frame with swing, vibration, and sound options. It's small and folds for easy travel (as that is what it is intended for). I love that baby can go straight from car to swing if need be. 

Back to more updates. I found this wonderful super heavy upholstery fabric the same day as the green chevron and it has now become a rug. 
Baby's dresser: paint chip art, a gift I can't unwrap because it is too pretty, a scrapbook of stuff from the showers and ultrasound pics, a basket full of grandpa-made wooden blocks, and Grandpa's Dam Doll (don't ask). 
Side note, sweet Detroit Tigers Pacifiers from Uncle Neil!
Lets call this corner the reading and feeding space. (The Boppy has since gotten a little facelift, with a custom cover...should have taken an hour, but took like four, I hate when that happens. If only I didn't have to have piping!)
This banner was an unexpected addition, it came from the shower thrown by our friends here at Monte Vista. A creation by Cheryl Sharp, decorator and artist extrordinaire. Dom and I both love it hanging over the window (Takes a little away from the ugly vertical blinds).

I am thinking a full tour by video sometime in the near future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment