25 September 2011

Journal Snobs


A long time ago I found this idea on etsy. I immediately thought of Stacey Leibeck and I stored it away for a rainy day. Well, her birthday came around so I thought it would be the best time to finally pull it together. 

Anyway, I thought of Stacey because she is the only other person I know who is a journal snob. 
Or at least that is how I remember it, maybe I was just looking for someone else to be as crazy as me and pinned those attributes on her as well. 

Stace, if your out there and I am wrong, don't tell me. It is better to feel not alone. 

Anyway. I find selecting materials for journalling an intensely private and personal experience. 

I think it is because something about those blank pages and new pens and pencils contain some kind of magic. 

I personally have come to a place where the pages must be entirely blank. Lines are too hindering, too confining.

I love a good Moleskin because of the history of it. Knowing that Picasso and Hemingway's fingers flipped through those same creamy pages is just so.... I don't know there are no words. 

But I also love a good canvas bound sketch book, so un-assuming and blank. Ready to be transformed. 

This last time I even gave spiral bound a chance. It was perfect for this time of my life where it is filled more with torn out pages from baby magazines than it was full of doodles, sketches, quotes and ponderments. 

Anyway one major problem for me with journalling, is I am too scattered to find my pen/pencil and I like to have different options. 

So I created a journal bandolier for Stace, should have photographed it, I felt the fabric choice was uniquely her. And then I had just enough elastic over to make my own! A surprise treat. For now it will rest on my planner because that is getting more use than my journal these days!




No comments:

Post a Comment