22 September 2011

"So...What are you doing with all your time?"

A lot of people have been wondering what I have been doing now that I'm not working. 
Understandable. 
Sometimes I have no idea what to say, except that I always feel like I am always doing something. 
  1. I have been doing a much better job being domestic. Keeping up on the cleaning and the laundry, although I am looking at a cobweb on Dom's desk now. I'll get to that later. And occasionally I even do something really domestic, like bake bread. 
  2. I am cooking a human, so it generally takes me a little longer to get things done and I often need a nap. 
    • this also includes that fact that like 30 extra pounds in the beer belly section make doing simple tasks, like picking something off the ground, really hard and frustrating. And generally I need to sit down afterward. 
  3. We have been busy seeing the optometrist, the pediatrician, birthing classes, the mid-wives, the chiropractor, and we still have to establish care with our new primary doctor, and go to the dentist. I also have been subbing here and there, first in the dorm and then in classes.    
  4. The ever beckoning lists in my life continue to cry for completion, yes July and August are over but their lists speak from beyond, seeking to be all crossed off. 
  5. Baby Showers, more pics to come on that topic.
  6. Thank You cards.                                          
  7. I have been trying to get at least a tiny head start on Christmas gifts because I think I might be a little busy in a month or so.
  8. Constant baby research is always at the forefront as well. 
    • We plan to eventually give cloth diapering a try, after the first few weeks (or months of constant diaper changes). We settled on BumGenius 4.0 and a stash of knock-offs. 
    • These two books were recommended by Laura VanWingerden and Pam Byrd.
      •  Finished 12 weeks and working on the Vaccine Book. I will use some of the info from 12 Weeks in conjunction with the info from Happiest Baby when the time comes for baby to need to learn better sleep habits. And I have only just begun The Vaccine Book. But I love that Dr. Sears is not overly pushy and I honestly am not sure what his stance is yet, he just offers facts about each vaccine, thank you Pam and Laura for bringing these to my life.                                               
  9. I have been documenting my finished creative projects on pinterest, to give myself a little pick me up when I am feeling like I haven't done anything or that I have a lot to do.  
  10. Baby's name is still up in the air. Don't worry this list is much smaller now. This was my mega list, which Dom cut way down and then added his own. We are probably closer to 20 options now.
  11. And I made time to read a book, short, but still sweet.            

2 comments:

  1. That question comes up for me A LOT. I love your explanation! And I must now start a list of finished projects and things tried from Pinterest...less overwhelming. Genius!

    And I love your new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I am not alone in this questioning. I know everyone means well and just wants to know whats new, but when I fumble with a response, I too wonder what I have been doing!

    The Chevron is awesome right? I thought you would like it, I found the fabric on the super cheap months ago and finally settled on using it for a pair of bulletin boards.

    And I HIGHLY recommend the finished projects board, it helps me remember the past and not focus too much on the unfinished!

    ReplyDelete