23 October 2011

Easy Knit French Press Cozy Pattern

Dom asked me to make a cozy for our french press, to keep our brew warm. 

I used some scrap wool yarn I had lying around in dark grey and neon green. And some awesome vintage buttons from Dom's mom. 
So I knitted it a little sweater inspired by the pattern here. Using this pattern I ended up with a cozy that was way too big so I had to recreate my own:

Supplies
a size 5 circular knitting needle (or two sticks if you prefer)
Yarn scraps or a small skein (I used a lightweight wool)
3+ Buttons of Choice

Pattern:
Cast on 50 stitches
Knit in K2, P2 for 4 rows
Switch colors and knit in stockinette for 4 rows
Switch colors and knit in stockinette for 4 rows. 
repeat until you get to desired length. (I knitted 36 rows of stockinette in all, 9 panels of color)
Finish knitting in K2, P2 for 4 rows and cast of loosely.

I sewed loops of yarn on one side and buttons on the other. 4 was a perfect number of buttons for me, but more could be cute too! I think 3 is the least you could have.

If you choose to do this in all one color, you just skip the color switching.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love that you can knit.
    2. I learned how to knit once and then forgot.
    3. If you're still game, I would seriously love for you to make our daughter a blanket. Homemade blankets are so special and my grandma isn't around to make her one. I'd just love one from one of her honorary aunts. I'm open on colors. Our nursery colors are green, yellow and brown, but I'm also going to work in some more girly elements I think. Not quite sure how yet.
    4. I can't wait till Baby Adams arrives.
    5. Please post recipes of the natural cleaning products. Also, is there a different baby powder that's OK (other than the Johnson & Johnson one)?
    6. I love you.
    7. This is from Kendra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KENDRA!

    1. I learned to knit on youtube after a few failed attempts, I love the internet. You can watch the video over and over. Its awesome.
    2. I would LOVE to knit you a blanket! This one has to be uber special. If you choose a specific color scheme you want, let me know. I will be brainstorming.
    3. For baby powder you want to go with a corn starch based product, or just straight corn starch (here is an article http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-use-baby-powder-on-my-baby_1519559.bc)
    4. Natural Cleaning Products to come tomorrow, laundry detergent after that...bonus it is all cheaper than buying the stuff in the store.
    5. I love you.
    6. This is Bekah.

    ReplyDelete