13 October 2011

Packing for the Hospital

According to my lists, I am a little behind on the whole packing for the hospital thing, I guess I was supposed to do it at Week 34. Oh Well!

I finally set my mind to the task, popped in Parenthood for a little theme movie in the background, and began. 


Here is the list that I have accumulated over the past months; Amendments made each time someone told me of one more thing I needed to bring. 

My Final List (for anyone else preparing their lists out there):

A copy of driver’s license, insurance card, birth plan, and social security card. 
iPod and Dock, filled with great labor music.
DVDs if your labor center has a TV for you, ours does! We included Away We Go (our favorite baby movie)
Cards or a Game
Birthing Ball if your hospital doesn't provide one (ours does so I skipped this)
Massage Oil
 Pajamas and a robe (ones you don’t mind getting messy) for when the visitors start to show
Slippers and Socks (I hear pregnant, laboring feet get real cold)
A couple good nursing bras (and pads)
 Granny Panties
Honey Sticks (I heard from a seasoned mother that Honey helped her through, so I am packing some!)
Hard Candies
Gum or Breath Mints
Make-Up
Make-Up Remover Wipes 
Toothbrush, Hairbrush, Deodorant and other toiletries
Lip balm 
A ponytail holder or headband
Pen and Paper- Just in Case. 
Cute Going Home outfit

For the baby
Going Home Outfit: cute little hats and socks included (Ok I packed like 3)
Swaddling Blankets
A couple dipes in case we decide to stop anywhere on the way home. 

Dad's bag
Cash (for vending machines)
Snacks
Camera and/or camcorder
Cell and Computer
Chargers for all the technology we are bringing
Our “call” list 
His toothbrush, deodorant and other toiletries
Change of Clothes
Pajamas and Slippers
Swim Trunks in case I need his support in the shower or labor tub. 

***I heard bringing your own hospital gown is a waste because you pretty much ruin it, and you can use as many as you want of the hospital provided ones. Personally I would rather stay clean.***

Also our birthing class instructor said you might as well pack everything you think you will want because it's just going in the car anyways and dad isn't going to want to leave you while you are in labor to pick something up. 

1 comment:

  1. Great list and way to go on packing! Makes me feel better...I don't have a list nor have I packed.

    ReplyDelete