03 December 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree...

I love hodge-podge Christmas trees with long loved ornaments and glittering with tacky, gaudy mis-matched Christmasness. It is the only way in my mind to have a tree. I love looking over the ornaments and reflecting over the Christmases that have passed, the experiences remembered over the years. 

 I love tucking non-ornaments into the tree because they are beloved memories.
 I love the ornaments gifted by family and friends the best.
 The ones made by my grandmother move my heart the most. Oh how I love her and cherish everything that she makes for me.
 and she is so multi-talented.
 Here is the tree that Dom and I picked out together and that my mother and I covered in ornaments and tinsel.
 Oh and I love the mystery and small hope that comes with wrapped presents.

 And I love this plaque-turned-ornament made for me by one of the girls I work for. I love them all very much. They are forever burned in my heart. I hate to see them moving on and graduating. I would never hold them back if I had the choice. But I will miss them dearly. I don't think my heart can handle this for very long.
 and I love our international ornaments..here is Taiwan.
 and India...

and there are others from Czech and a few other places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment