28 March 2011

Adventures in Transportation

So this weekend I went down to So Cal to visit my family for an important milestone in my sister's life. It was a wonderful visit. And I got to see one of my best friends and spend some time with her love and future of her life. 

It was a great visit and getting there was entertaining. 
First in San Jose I was confronted with an unreasonable security line for domestic flights, I am talking like 150 people all standing single file waiting to be looked over by "checked" by apparently the only two qualified individuals available to work.

And while I was waiting for all eternity I noticed this sign...
 THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN SECURITY??? Really, come now flight policy people, did I really have a choice? Thank you for stripping me down to nothing and making me stand like a convict so that you can check to see if I have embedded anything dangerous in between my toes or in my armpits. THANK YOU. 

When I arrived to LAX I did feel vindicated that someone out there was getting there come-upance. 
 FYI, if you hold up traffic at LAX, real LAPD come and write you a ticket, travelers beware...and be hasty. 

Lastly the day I flew back my mom and I stopped for a brew and noticed these hardworking individuals, mom with their laptop and daughters with theirs.
 I think when I was there age I was picking my nose and trying to race rolly pollies, just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment