07 March 2011

Weekend Projects: the Second

For many, many weekends now I have been hobbling toward the finish on my first major knitting project, a a baby blanket.


When I started I had no one in particular in mind, all I knew was that a rectangle was probably going to be the easiest thing to make. Since then the blanket has been claimed, well that or I promised my friend to make her one in the colors of her choosing, someday when her belly is big and beautifully round. 
Even though I pulled my usual, and distracted myself with a million other projects, like these washcloths,    and some other random projects, including the fact that I actually made myself a pair of hammer pants, well now the fashion world likes to call them 'harem pants' but we all know what they are. 
But despite myself yesterday, I finished it! A full crib size cozy knit blanket. (I made it the same size of my favorite blanket from when I was little, if it ain't broke don't fix it)
I have decided to put a ULTRA soft minky on the back and to trim it in turquoise jersey for boy or girl. Too bad I'm not a baby or I would keep it for myself. I'll let you all know when it is finished for real! 

No comments:

Post a Comment