05 March 2011

Weekend Projects, the first

Okay, not just weekends. Pretty much whenever I am not working (which is kind of a lot these days) I devote a serious part of my time to ongoing projects. Which has also turned me a little into a recluse, but it is kinda cozy and sort of not in my nature, so its fun to change things up.

One project that has been forever on my mind was my jewelry box. It was literally a BOX with all my junk thrown in it. I would basically wear the same stuff every day because the rest was a tangled mess.

Well anyway, I was hiking with my friend Heather, she may be my newest friend but we have made up for time lost. And we found these amazing Manzanita branches that had fallen off the tree during the storms the days previous. So we hiked back to her car with our new found treasures, which came in handy when we ran into a bobcat...just kidding. No really, we heard it growling at us from the thicket, that little branch somehow made me feel safer. Thank you branch.

Anyway and my dad and Dom helped turn it into the jewelry stand of my dreams!
Isn't it lovely? turned out better than I imagined!

In this picture you can kind of see how beautiful Manzanita wood is. It is an awesome shade of deep red. 
 And it is so wonderful to look over it all, so much of my jewelry has been gifts so now I have a daily reminder of those people. 
 I love that it makes all my jewelry, even the $1 ones feel like art pieces. 
 And I can see EVERYTHING at once and it glitters and shines and makes me smile and the river stones kind of make all my pins, brooches, and family jewelry look like the were just found there.
 I seriously love these flea market find earrings
And this dish was perfecto for this project. Now Heather and I are going to do the same with her branch.    Let me know if you want to know how to make it!

2 comments: