08 March 2011

Weekend Projects: the Third

Another item on my forever to-do list (that is the mental list of items that I have been meaning to conquer for oh, forever) is my own version of the classic Chanel tweed jacket

Although I am not that in to designers, although Alexander McQueen always makes me happy. But the Chanel tweed is classic. If Jackie O and Beyonce can pull it off, I feel like it is probably something I should try. 

While visiting my favorite fabric store, Crossroads, I found a great tweed for an unbelievable deal (their specialty is unbelievable deals, my before mentioned hammer pants only cost me $2 courtesy of Crossroads). 

So I went to work and I have a rough jacket now.  The shape still isn't right, but it is in progress and I already love it. 

I am thinking of doing a ruffle instead of a traditional plain bound edge. Although I may ditch that idea because I really want this to be a piece I keep for a while. 

I kind of love this bow on it, maybe I'll throw a pin on the bow so I can wear them together when I am feeling bold. 

And now I am at a standstill until I pick a fabric for the lining. I am thinking red, so I will feel secretly bold and powerful, but I still haven't committed. So here it shall hang, until I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment