30 August 2011

Project Mania: Puff Quilt, Part Two

First I made 64 little pillows  (didn't actually take very long)

Next step in the process is sewing them together. 

The easy part is sewing strips. Just grab and sew, grab and sew...
But turning the strips into a quilt. Much more time intensive for an imperfectionist such as myself. 

In the tutorial, she shows using one pin to hold the four corners together, easy enough. So I did that with two strips. 

And I sewed them together. 
 And almost every seam looked like this. One pin is not enough for someone like me. 
So I unpicked the seams and tried a more tactical approach. 
More pins but less corrections afterward. In fact, no corrections afterward. Victory. 
 By the time Dom was done watching the HS Cincy v. Florida football game, I was done. 
For now. I soon approach my arch nemesis, the binding and finishing. I'll save that for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment